Pinch Pike (not!)



There are a lot of reasons I love this photograph, but one of them is not that I could accomplish the pose.  I was astonished to see that this was a tough one for our beautiful hosts as well, so at least I was in good company.

I don't understand how it can be so easy to do a pike in headstand and just moving the head a few inches into the air makes it so hard.  But there it is.  Plus after many days of new poses and rushing to do them my back was complaining a bit this AM and I have learned the hard way not to challenge it when it is griping, so I stuck with a plain old vanilla pike.

I really love the light in this room though and I luckily noticed the slant of brightness and shadow against the wall which I was able to try to mimic with the angle of my back.  I like the way it frames and supports picture giving the whole thing a sort of organic "meant to be" feel.

I am also loving seeing the curve of my butt and hint of muscle tone now that I have stopped wearing my boxers under the thermal underwear.  I guess my next step would be to get some tights so I don't have all that bunched up part on my lower legs, but that will be for a future challenge.

Finally, I really appreciate the support I have been getting from this little cybercommunity around my embrace of this process of Insta image creation.  The feedback makes it all worthwhile.

Peace Out Brothers and Sisters,

Ray

This post is part of a series. To learn more about the #FallIntoPincha Instagram challenge, see the first post here: Instagram Yoga Challenge Fall Into Pincha

I'd love to hear from you.  Please connect with me on the  Facebook Page and Instagram feed to get more Yoga wisdom, science, style, and fun everyday! And make sure to Subscribe to Everyday Yoga for more great posts like this one delivered to your inbox!
   

No comments :

Post a Comment