Taking Support Where We Can Get It




Ray's Perspective
Today is the Fourth Day of the SPOOKYASANA Yoga Challenge! Today's pose is Wheel pose chakrasana .

OK, I will admit it, backbends are not really my thing. If I did my natural wheel it would look like I had a flat. Really. More like table pose for sure. OK, so I looked around my hometown of #gardinerny for a circular prop to help me pose the shot and there in front of the firehouse was a ring that I think is part of some sort of old-fashioned gong that was used for an alarm in days gone by. I have never seen it rung but I imagine it gives off a massive tone. As I considered how to relate to it I realized it would make a great prop to support my backbend and help me get an arch that I could not achieve otherwise. Of course, now I want one in my backyard ;--)




Skelly's Perspective

Hello, yoga peeps! You may recognize the arc below me from Ray's post earlier tonite. When you are only 5 inches tall you get a deeper perspective on things. Imagine all the cool stuff you could see if you were atomic sized or better yet a zooming around little quark or neutrino. Well, I will have to settle for the textures that a bendy little skeleton gets to explore. I enjoy this special view and hope you do too!

Happy Fourth Day of Spookyasana!

This post is part of a series! To learn more about this Yoga challenge and win great prizes, get the rules here Instagram Yoga Challenge

I'd love to hear from you.  Please connect with me on the  Facebook Page and Instagram feed to get more Yoga wisdom, science, style, and fun everyday! And make sure to Subscribe to Everyday Yoga for more great posts like this one delivered to your inbox!
 

No comments :

Post a Comment