Working with Love




Day 5 for #liberatethyself with #EkaPadaSirsana or #FootBehindTheHeadPose. Today's Intention: I treat my work with responsibility, devotion, and care.
My teacher used to say if as a teacher you always approach the work with love you can't go wrong. I think this is true of most things. It is like the Fourth Agreement from @DonMiguelRuiz : Always do your best. It sounds so easy but how do you manifest it when you are tired, cranky or otherwise not in top form.

Doing today's pose I was struggling. Many years ago I used to be able to put my legs behind my head and I was frustrated that even though I was well warmed up I was not even getting close. I pressed on and tried to hold the leg up by my ear with one hand and made half a prayer position with the other hand by my heart and it looked super awkward. Then inspiration struck. I could make an ugly attempt at a pose that is lovely when done properly or I can make a lovely photo with my heart in the right place while doing something much easier.

In my spare time I may continue to strive to do the full pose but for today I have chosen to be loving with myself and share something that I think is beautiful. Sometimes doing your best means accepting your limits and hoping it is enough ;--)

Please note: The Purple 908 Sarong in the background is a comprehensive posture chart with 908 yoga poses created by #SriYogiDharmaMittra. You can find more information about it on my website http://www.yogalifestyle.com/sarong.htm. The Tee Shirt is a sample I received many years ago from @iloveyogastudio_

Go to Instagram and check out these awesome people.
Gracious Hosts: @anitawinglee
@theyogacouple
@elisheva_yoga
@pattyyuniverse
@myogalasvegas
Generous Sponsors: @citrinebeautyaz - skincare
@solosolmovement - yoga apparel
@goyogawear - yoga tops
@reikiwomb - dreamcatcher
@unconditionallovehat - scarf hat

I'd love to hear from you.  Please connect with me on the  Facebook Page and Instagram feed to get more Yoga wisdom, science, style, and fun everyday! And make sure to Subscribe to Everyday Yoga for more great posts like this one delivered to your inbox!
   

No comments :

Post a Comment